You will need one of the following options:
- Qualifying Law degree (2.1).
- Graduate Diploma in Law / CPE with an undergraduate honours degree (2.1)
- A 2.2 honours degree will be considered with evidence of exceptional achievement elsewhere in the application e.g. awards, scholarships, work experience – paid or unpaid.
All applicants should provide evidence in their personal statement of their commitment to a career in law and will be required to provide a full reference in support of their application.
Months of entry
For students who wish to study the BSB’s compulsory modules in a cost effective and time efficient manner, our Barristers Training Course (BTC) provides the necessary vocational training for the Bar in just six months. Successful completion of this course will enable you to achieve a Postgraduate Diploma and be called to the Bar. Perhaps you have already secured pupillage, are worried about taking too much time out of paid work or are concerned about accommodation costs? The BTC may be ideal for you.
- All our staff are experienced lawyers and you will benefit from their practical knowledge, as well as from our visiting lecturers.
- Our teaching is consistently commended as excellent.
- We teach in as small groups as possible to encourage student participation.
- We get to know our students and support and encourage you in both your studies and in your employment applications at the start of your legal career.
- We offer a multi-award-winning pro bono programme, including a Legal Advice Centre for the local community.
- Our dedicated and experienced careers consultants provide guidance and support to help you secure qualifying work experience or other legal employment. You'll benefit from working with our successful careers team.
- Alongside access to an exclusive BTC study area, studying with Nottingham Law School means that you have all the facilities a large Law School can offer plus the advantages of studying within a university environment which offers outstanding library, IT, support, sports, language and Student Union services.
- We have considerable expertise in advocacy and alternative dispute resolution. We're home to the first Centre for Advocacy in the UK and our Centre for Mediation and Dispute Resolution was opened in 2016 by Sir Peter Coulson, now a judge of the Court of Appeal.
- To celebrate the launch of this course, we will also offer a £1,000 Launch Award for those starting in 2020. This will be a reduction on the tuition fee.
Information for international students
- An actual or predicted degree classification of 2.1 or above in a law degree undertaken wholly or predominantly in the UK
- An actual or predicted commendation or above in the GDL undertaken in the UK.
- An actual or predicted commendation or above in a taught LLM undertaken in the UK.
Fees and funding
To celebrate the launch of this course, we will also offer a £1,000 Launch Award for those starting in 2020. This will be a reduction on the tuition fee.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time6 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)115 848 4200