You must hold an honours degree to study for this qualification. Although your degree need not be in humanities, you must have the basic skills expected of a graduate in that area. All of the modules will bring you up to date with the latest ideas and approaches in humanities but does not offer remedial undergraduate training if your qualifications and/or experience are inadequate.
Before you begin the certificate you must be able to:
- write clear, concise, accurate prose
- read large quantities of text quickly, accurately and critically
- classify evidence precisely and assess its value and reliability
- argue logically, consistently and sceptically
- marshal various sorts of evidence to support a logical argument.
Months of entry
If you have a passion for the arts and are looking for an intellectual challenge, this certificate course provides you with an excellent opportunity to upgrade your qualifications. You will deepen your understanding of of either art history, philosophy or creative writing while developing advanced research and analytical skills that will give you the edge in today’s competitive jobs market and prepare you for further academic study.
Information for international students
This qualification can be studied from anywhere in the world.
Fees and funding
For more information about fees and funding, please visit The Open University website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- The Open University
- 0300 303 5303