There are no formal academic requirements.
The course will require around 20 hours to complete. You can begin at any time during the life of the course and study at your own pace.
Months of entry
This course acts as a toolkit to help you with using financial ideas in your workplace’s managerial decision-making. Throughout the course you'll hear from a variety of managers, from different backgrounds, talking about how they use these financial ideas. You'll get the chance to practise these ideas using activities, spreadsheets and quizzes. You'll also become more confident about dealing with finance professionals.
You will earn to:
- explain the strengths and weakness of the budgeting process
- apply some rules of thumb to controlling a budget
- explain different types of cost and calculate the break-even point for a product
- understand the importance of cash flow and create simple cash flow forecasts
- ask better questions of the management accountants who support you in your role
- apply alternative techniques for evaluating the financial aspects of projects and investments.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- flexible0.2 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
|What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)
Course contact details
- The Open University