- be a qualified nurse (equivalent to UK registered nurse) with up-to-date and current registration within your country of origin and be employed within current clinical nursing practice. You must have a minimum of one year's post-registration experience either in the UK or in your home country.
- normally hold a UK first degree or equivalent overseas degree from a reputable institution.
- if you do not hold a first degree or equivalent, you will be required to submit an assignment which will be taken into account as part of your application.
- be able to supply an academic reference that supports your potential to study at the postgraduate level. This cannot be supplied by an employer unless you work within an educational institution.
English language requirements
If your first language is not English, you must demonstrate that your level of English is appropriate for study at postgraduate level. We require an IELTS score of 6.5-7.0 overall, or equivalent.
Months of entry
If you are a registered nurse you can build on your practice with our MSc / PGDip / PGCert Nursing Studies. This is a flexible course where you learn as part of a collaborative community of nurses, midwives and Allied Health Practitioners (AHP)s.
We will develop your confidence as you build on your skills so you can become a leader in your field. You will develop your practice with confidence. This allows you to make effective nursing interventions knowing they are based on the best available evidence.
We have an established pathway for exceptional students to write for peer-reviewed publications. And you have the opportunity to develop your teaching skills.
Our lecturers are experienced in their specialist practice areas and maintain excellent practice links locally or across the region. They also have strong links with colleagues, organisations and institutions at national and international level.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12-60 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 1865 484848