- Be a qualified nurse (equivalent to UK registered nurse) with up-to-date and current registration within your country of origin and be employed within current clinical nursing practice. You must have a minimum of one year's post-registration experience either in the UK or in your home country.
- Normally hold a UK first degree or equivalent overseas degree from a reputable institution.
- If you do not hold a first degree or equivalent, you will be required to submit an assignment that is negotiated with the course leader and which will be taken into account as part of your application.
- Have reliable access to the internet, preferably through a broadband connection.
- Be able to supply an academic reference that supports your potential to study at the postgraduate level. This cannot be supplied by an employer unless you work within an educational institution
- Have good IT skills and be proficient in the use of the internet and online communication.
Months of entry
Are you a registered nurse, looking to build upon your practice?
Do you want to build your skills and confidence to become a leader in your field?
Do you want a flexible course where you are able to learn as part of a collaborative community of nurses, midwives and AHPs?
The Nursing Studies course aims to raise your practice to an advanced level. It will enable you to progress as a senior practitioner, educator, researcher or manager.
You will develop your practice with confidence, knowing that it is based on the best available evidence to allow you to make effective nursing interventions.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12-60 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0)1865 488157