- have a good honours degree (2:1 or above for the MA; 2:2 or above for the PGDip), or a professional qualification equivalent to an undergraduate degree, normally in a cognate area
- have GCSE Maths and English or equivalent at least to grade C or above, and basic IT skills with reliable access to the internet, preferably through a broadband connection.
- You should have experience of paid or voluntary work with vulnerable people in the UK. This experience should be sufficient to enable you to clearly demonstrate your commitment and motivation, and your understanding of the knowledge, skills and values of social work. This would typically be the equivalent of one year’s full-time experience of social care or health care-related practice in either the statutory or the voluntary sector in the UK. Caring in a personal capacity may in some instances be acceptable as relevant experience.
- Successful applicants must submit where possible, a recent practice reference from a social care employer in the UK who can verify that they have met the PCF levels of capability required at the point of entry to qualifying social work programmes.
Months of entry
Approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Our graduates are highly employable with virtually 100% obtaining employment on successful completion of their programme.
- Social Work courses at Oxford Brookes University have been ranked highly in league tables (The Guardian and The Sunday Times University Guides).
- This is an evidence-informed course delivered via innovative mixed mode learning methods (classroom, distance and work-based).
- You will have access to a wide range of work-based learning opportunities in Oxfordshire and neighbouring authorities and allied agencies.
- Our teaching benefits from the input of experienced researchers working in established areas of children and families, drugs and alcohol, ageing, and inter-professional education and collaborative practice.
- We provide a broad range of student support schemes to facilitate your learning and development.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0)1865 488120