Applicants are usually expected to have (or be about to attain) at least a first or upper second class honours degree in a related scientific subject from a recognised institution of higher education. Applicants with a lower second class award may be accepted if they can provide a transcript to show that they performed near to the upper second class level. If you do not have these academic qualifications, you could still be offered a place on this course if you can show evidence of the potential to succeed based on professional and/or related experiences.
Months of entry
Applied Sport and Exercise Nutrition at Oxford Brookes focuses on the role of nutrition in the optimisation of health and physical performance. Nutrition has profound effects on both human health and athletic performance and this course is based on the latest scientific research and contemporary practice. It is designed to fulfil the needs of students who want to work with a range of populations to improve their health, fitness or sporting performance. Applications are encouraged from graduates who have a background in either sport and exercise science or human nutrition.
Why choose this course?
- Our research groups and consultancies have strong links with Oxfordshire hospitals, elite athletes and food organisations, allowing students to conduct internal and external research projects and develop potential career opportunities.
- We invite guest speakers from industry, other universities and research organisations to provide you with subject specialist knowledge.
- Our staff come from a wide range of sporting and nutrition backgrounds. Some are actively involved in coaching which means the course is based on the latest scientific research and contemporary practice.
- Small class sizes provide you with plenty of opportunities for in-depth discussions and practical application of the theory.
- We provide opportunities to work with university and local sports teams as well as individuals seeking personalised nutrition advice.
- Our staff conduct first-class research in sport, exercise and nutrition and bring it to the classroom.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0)1865 482787