GCSE: 5 GCSE passes at grade C or above, including English Language and Maths.
The course welcomes UK, EU and International applicants and will appeal to individuals who already possess a BSc honours degree at 2:1 or above (or equivalent) in a science-based subject in:
- Biological sciences
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Sports Therapy (depending on biology content)
- produce two recent references.
- have experience of paid or voluntary work within a physiotherapy context which enables the applicant to demonstrate an understanding of the depth and breadth of Physiotherapy and an understanding of the knowledge, skills and values required.
Applicants will also be assessed on their demonstration of the following qualities:
- communication and interpersonal skills
- working with others
- a caring and respectful attitude to others
- reliability, honesty and trustworthiness
- problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative.
- All applicants will be screened for fitness to practise.
For applicants whose first language is not English, an Academic IELTS score of 6.5 (with 6.5 in Reading and Writing, and 6.0 in Listening and Speaking) is required.
Months of entry
Approved by the HCPC and CSP
Our MSc in Physiotherapy (Pre-Registration) is a qualifying course for graduates with a relevant first degree. It provides the opportunity to undertake a physiotherapy course leading to registration at master’s level.
We use an interprofessional approach to learning, with some modules shared with other health and social care students.
You will need to have the academic ability to work as an autonomous practitioner. And be able to reason through individualised healthcare needs. You will also need:
- to show personal qualities and values which underpin the overall care you give
- strong communication and team-working skills
- a compassionate and caring nature.
Our lecturers are experienced in their specialist practice areas. They maintain excellent practice links with those areas locally or across the region. They are able to provide a global perspective on Physiotherapy.
We welcome applications from home, EU and international students.
Information for international students
We are pleased to offer a number of places to international applicants. For more details, please contact us. International applicants will need to apply early to allow enough time for obtaining visas.
We offer a range of courses to help you meet the entry requirements for your postgraduate course and also familiarise you with university life in the UK.
Take a Pre-Master's course to develop your subject knowledge, study skills and academic language level in preparation for your master's course.
If you need to improve your English language, we offer pre-sessional English language courses to help you meet the English language requirements of your chosen master’s course.
Fees and funding
Financial support and scholarships
All eligible Physiotherapy students on courses from September 2020 (new and continuing) will receive a payment of at least £5,000 a year which they will not need to pay back. For more information please visit https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund
For general sources of financial support, see our Fees and funding pages.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 1865 484848