Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
GCSE: 5 GCSE passes at grade C or above, including English Language and Maths.
The course welcomes UK, EU and International applicants and will appeal to individuals who already possess a BSc honours degree at 2:1 or above (or equivalent) in a science-based subject in:
- Biological sciences
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Sports Therapy (depending on biology content)
- produce two recent references.
- have experience of paid or voluntary work within a physiotherapy context which enables the applicant to demonstrate an understanding of the depth and breadth of Physiotherapy and an understanding of the knowledge, skills and values required.
Applicants will also be assessed on their demonstration of the following qualities:
- communication and interpersonal skills
- working with others
- a caring and respectful attitude to others
- reliability, honesty and trustworthiness
- problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative.
- All applicants will be screened for fitness to practise.
International applicants will need to apply early to allow enough time for obtaining visas.
If you are offered a place you may be asked to pay a deposit of £1,000 to secure a place on the course. Applications are dealt with on a first come, first served basis, so please act early to avoid disappointment.
All Oxford Brookes University Health and Social Care Programmes conduct Value Based Recruitment (VBR).
We recognise that values and attitudes have the greatest impact on the quality of people's care and their experiences.
VBR is a way of helping our Programme recruitment teams to assess the values, motives and attitudes of those who wish to work with people in health and social care settings. When we refer to values we mean, for example, the values included in the NHS constitution.
Months of entry
Approved by the HCPC and CSP
Our MSc in Physiotherapy (Pre-Registration) is a qualifying course for graduates with a relevant first degree. It provides the opportunity to undertake a physiotherapy course leading to registration at master’s level.
We use an interprofessional approach to learning, with some modules shared with other health and social care students.
You will need to have the academic ability to work as an autonomous practitioner. And be able to reason through individualised healthcare needs. You will also need:
- to show personal qualities and values which underpin the overall care you give
- strong communication and team-working skills
- a compassionate and caring nature.
Our lecturers are experienced in their specialist practice areas. They maintain excellent practice links with those areas locally or across the region. They are able to provide a global perspective on Physiotherapy.
We welcome applications from home, EU and international students.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 1865 484848