Admission to the programme will normally be open to applicants who fulfil either of the following requirements:
Hold a 2.2+ undergraduate honours degree (or international equivalent), in Architecture / discipline highly relevant to Architecture.
Possess an appropriate professional background and experience of designing architecture, or designing in a discipline that has a strong relationship or similarities to architecture.
All applicants will be invited to submit a portfolio for review (preferably in online format. If submitting a PDF, please compress to 5MB max for storage on the application system).
Information on portfolio specifications & how to submit it, will be emailed too separately upon initial processing of an application.
Months of entry
Accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and the Architects Registration Board (ARB). This course is also accredited by the Board of Architects Malaysia (LAM).
This programme is grounded on the belief that architects should be thinking well beyond the constraints of market forces and the traditional disciplinary limits of the profession, towards forms, technology and spaces for a more sustainable future. This is a student-led programme, and you can have very different experiences within it depending on the choices of studios and courses you make.
Why choose this course?
- Founded in 1927, the School of Architecture at Oxford Brookes has established an international reputation for the quality of both its research and its teaching.
- As one of the largest architecture schools in the UK, with around 600 students and 70 staff, it plays a leading role in defining the national, and international, agenda in design education and research.
- The school enjoys an international reputation in research, in areas ranging from sustainable design to modular buildings and from design for well-being to vernacular architecture.
- Staff in the school regularly secure research funding from the UK's research councils and the European Union as well as industry, with an annual research grant income averaging £1m in recent years.
- This programme provides RIBA/ARB Part 2.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0)1865 483230