Age range: 20+
Minimum English Level: Independent English Language user (Intermediate / CEFR level B1 or above)
Months of entry
A 20-hour online course designed for English teachers working in secondary education with teenage learners aged 13-18 years. This creative, interactive and fun programme will give you practical ideas you can use in your own classes - giving you more confidence and the opportunity to network with other teachers from around the world.
You will be given access to downloadable materials, suggested reading lists, and have the option to submit a lesson plan and self-evaluation for comments from our team.
- Learn how to create a productive and happy learning environment
- Source and adapt a range of activities or use with teenagers of different ages
- Boost your language skills through fun and interactive learning activities that will also practice teacher language for the secondary classroom
How it works
- The course has 20 hours' worth of content - a mixture of training videos, interactive tasks, and guided self-study.
- You can enrol at any time of year and will be given access to our online learning platform and materials for 4 weeks. You can complete activities at your own pace.
- Before the end of your course, you can submit a lesson plan and self-evaluation for that lesson to one of our teacher training team for feedback.
About the online platform
For the last 10 years, the teacher training department have used Moodle, to run various training courses, including the internationally-recognised Trinity DipTESOL programme for experienced teachers.
Moodle is one of the most popular learning management systems in the world, providing an effective teaching experience in a collaborative, private environment.
Our courses feature a variety of video materials, quiz types, short answer questions, chat threads and directed tasks for self-study, drawing from current and well-respected materials in the EFL world. They are designed by our senior teacher training team, who have years of experience turning activities from a book, into creative, social and gamified online tasks.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- Certificate of Participation
- flexible1 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Teacher Training Department
- 0208 293 1188