About Plymouth Marjon University
Plymouth Marjon University* sits on a green and spacious campus, with world-class facilities, in a spectacular part of the world. Here, students build strong working relationships with a network of supporters, from their Personal Development Tutor, to their lecturers to the Student Union, and through this supportive community, they achieve more than they ever thought possible.
Marjon University’s support is proven with their recent joint 12th in UK for Student Satisfaction ranking.1 Not only this, but in 2018, The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019 ranked Marjon in the Top 10 in the UK for Student Experience and No. 2 in the UK for Teaching Excellence.2
PG subjects available
Arts and Social Sciences
Coaching and Mentoring (PGCert)
Communication Disorders (MRes)
English Literature (MRes)
Literature for Children and Young Adults (MA)
Outdoor Industries (MBA)
Social Policy (MA)
Social Science (MRes)
Youth and Community Work (PGDip or MA)
Teacher Training and Education
Sport, Health and Wellbeing
Facilities and support arrangements
- 24/7 library located on campus with access to 120,000 titles as well as e-book and journal collections
- Teaching spaces equipped to facilitate interactive and engaging sessions, with content capture technology and high definition smart screens
- Live music studios, a crime scene house, journalism newsroom, sports science laboratories and health science clinics in which students work closely with members of the public
- Only BASES accredited lab in the Southwest3
- Business Enterprise Hub to boost your career
- Postgraduate suites with hot-desk computers, meeting areas and a relaxed study area
- On-site sport centre, gym and pool
Fees, funding and costs
2018/2019 postgraduate fees
UK and EU students
- PGCE - £9,250
- Masters - £5,500
- MBA - £8,500
- PGCE - £11,000
- Masters - £11,500
- MBA - £8,500
For Marjon alumni there is a 20% discount when you progress from our undergraduate to postgraduate programmes within two years (this discount does not apply to PGCE).
Find out more here.
The campus is situated between the rolling hills of Dartmoor and the depths of the Plymouth Sound. It is well connected with regular bus services to and from the city centre, where you can enjoy dazzling views including the waterfront of Plymouth. Theatres, cinemas, high street stores and restaurants are never in short supply, while bars and clubs will keep you entertained in the evening.
You can see Marjon’s Top 10 places to visit in Plymouth here.
The newly-refurbished campus offers a new student bar, swimming pool, gym, world-class facilities, new Student Hub for support services, computer games room and Arts Centre with a large theatre.
Many postgraduates choose to live at home, however, if you choose to stay on site, Marjon have a student village on campus with 38 student houses.
Marjon understand that many postgraduate students go on placement so can offer a 43-week contract (the duration of your course) with a break clause. So, if you do find your placement is more than 30 miles from campus or more than a 30 minute commute you can break your tenancy for the period of your placement and not pay for this time.
Benefits of living on campus include:
- Owned and managed by the University so no surprise fees.
- Rates include heating, lighting, Wi-Fi access, computer support and personal content insurance.
- A safe environment with 24/7 on campus support.
Postgraduate students learn in small groups and Marjon’s academic teams are firmly committed to providing all students with the challenge, encouragement and support they need. With a strong emphasis on mobility, the university helps people to change their lives and careers through education.
The university therefore offers a pragmatic and focused approach, ensuring your commitment leads not only to the skills and qualifications you need, but also gives you a fresh confidence, a network of contacts and a new approach to your career.
- Social media accounts