- Evidence of a first degree at honours level 2:2 or above in an appropriate area including; health, biological sciences, physical sciences, social sciences or education
- International applicants with an ordinary degree will be considered if their degree is comparable to a UK honours degree
- Other degrees where there is evidence of a written dissertation are considered
- Evidence of knowledge and commitment to occupational therapy as a positive career choice
- Evidence of a written research project, a research module or research experience
- Evidence of direct contact and responsibility with marginalised people or those with impairments in a personal, paid or voluntary capacity, for a minimum of 6 months in a health, social care, education or third sector context
- Mature applicants who have graduated more than ten years ago will be considered if they have experience and evidence of equivalent CPD. Those without this will be considered with the condition that they engage in a module at master’s level study
- Two satisfactory references
Months of entry
This course will facilitate you to change career to become an occupational therapist in two years. It is delivered full-time and you will complete a number of placements which enrich the learning experience and prepare you for a diverse practice context.
This course attracts people holding a relevant undergraduate honours degree who wish to change career and become an occupational therapist. It is an intensive professional programme of study developing theoretical, analytical, practical, evaluative and reasoning skills as well as professional values. The course is unsuitable for applicants already holding a qualification in occupational therapy.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Catriona Dillingham
- +44 (0)131 474 0000