Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in any subject, provided the degree contains satisfactory study of Mathematics and Statistics. Subjects likely to contain sufficient quantitative elements include Accounting, Mathematics, Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics and Finance.
Students from less quantitatively oriented degrees, such as Management and Politics, are welcome if they have focused on the more quantitative elements of those degrees.
Candidates that do not currently meet the set entry requirements may also have the option to study the Graduate Diploma in Finance and Economics. Meeting the required grades on completion of this programme will provide a pathway to study MSc Accounting and Finance.
Find out more about how to apply for our postgraduate taught courses.
Months of entry
The world of accountancy and finance is constantly changing. This engaging programme offers a contemporary and specialised approach to accountancy and finance, focusing on the exploration of key practical, theoretical and empirical issues. Enhance your career prospects with an understanding of the complexity of policies and practices.
- Students are eligible for the CIMA Masters Gateway – a fast track route where you enter CIMA at the Management Case Study bypassing 11 exams. Find out more about this entry route here
- CIMA University partner – In partnership with CIMA students on this programme can sit this exam alongside their masters and achieve the globally recognised "CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting" – graduating with dual awards
- Study at one of the top economics schools in the country, in one of the financial capitals of the world
- Gain a real-world perspective from visiting 'practitioner' City professionals
- Take part in the MSc Investment Club which gives you hands-on experience in trading and portfolio analysis.
Fees and funding
There are a number of ways you can fund your postgraduate degree.
- Scholarships and bursaries
- Postgraduate loans (UK students)
- Country-specific scholarships for international students
Our Advice and Counselling service offers specialist support on financial issues, which you can access as soon as you apply for a place at Queen Mary. Before you apply, you can access our funding guides and advice on managing your money:
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Business and Management
- +44 (0) 20 7882 2166