You should have at least a good lower second class honours degree (2:2), or equivalent, in economics, accounting, finance or a related subject. Some background in maths or quantitative subjects is required with good marks. We will also consider business and management-based degrees provided the required maths and quantitative modules have been studied along with at least two finance-based modules. You will be expected to sit pre-sessional mathematics and statistics examinations following an intensive pre-sessional module. IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Months of entry
- This programme is offered jointly by the School of Business and Management and School of Economics and Finance (SEF).
- The School of Economics and Finance contributes its vast knowledge of applied aspects of the financial market.
- You will acquire an in-depth understanding of key theories, approaches and issues in the field of accounting and finance, an area which has changed significantly since the financial crisis of 2008.
- You will enhance your career prospects with an understanding of the complex policies and practices in accounting and finance, and their similarities and differences across jurisdictions.
- You will receive tuition from visiting ‘practitioner’ professors who are City professionals and able to apply theory to real-world scenarios.
- Our location in east London, close to the business and financial centres of the City of London and Canary Wharf, means that you are conveniently placed to pursue employment opportunities in these areas.
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Business Finance
- Corporate Governance
- EViews and Data Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Investment Management
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Research Methods for Business Management
- Pre-sessional support classes for Maths and Statistics (ungraded)
- Accounting and Value Management
- Asset Management
- Behavioural Finance and Decision Making
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- Financial Derivatives
- International Accounting
- International Finance
- Risk Management for Banking
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- James Boote, Recruitment and Marketing Officer
- +44 (0)20 7882 8569