Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in Law or a degree with substantial law content.
Law graduates with a 2:2 honours degree who also have other legal qualifications and/or substantial professional legal experience may also qualify.
Non-law graduates with a minimum second class honours degree, that have also obtained a Merit (or 60 per cent) in the Common Professional Examination (CPE) or Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) recognised by the UK professional bodies, may also qualify. Non-law graduates may also be considered on the basis of exceptional professional experience (of at least five years) in a legal area or an area directly related to their programme of study.
Months of entry
Take this unique opportunity to study commercial law in two major commercial hubs: London and Singapore. Gain a broad overview of Asian commercial law in Singapore and, through your intensive specialist study in London, an in-depth understanding of commercial law and its application to everyday practice.
- -Undertake a highly intensive 16-month degree programme where you will gain insight into the legal underpinnings of commerce in the West and East
- -Gain a greater variety and breadth of experience than a standard one-year programme
- -Be awarded a Dual LLM in Commercial Law (London and Singapore) from Queen Mary University of London in the UK and Singapore Management University (SMU) in Singapore
- -Study at two universities which are internationally recognised for their deep understanding of the global markets and their importance in legal education
- -Enjoy extensive extracurricular activities including networking, careers advice and social events
Fees and funding
There are a number of ways you can fund your postgraduate degree.
School of Law scholarships
The School of Law offers a range of scholarships for Law Masters programmes each year. Full details are made available on the law funding page from October – November each year.
Other sources of funding
- Scholarships and bursaries
- Postgraduate loans (UK students)
- Country-specific scholarships for international students
Our Advice and Counselling service offers specialist support on financial issues, which you can access as soon as you apply for a place at Queen Mary. Before you apply, you can access our funding guides and advice on managing your money:
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time16 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Programme changes for 2020 At Queen Mary, we have been adapting to the challenges of Covid-19 so we are ready for the new academic year, with all the academic, pastoral and community support you need to settle in and thrive. For your chosen programme of study, the result is an innovative blended learning offering, giving you access to a world-class education whether or not you can join us on campus from September. For more information, please visit our dedicated FAQ pages.
Course contact details
- School of Law
- +44 (0)20 7882 8223