You will need an upper second class honours degree in a humanities or creative arts discipline, and will have an informal interview on application. Graduates from non-humanities disciplines are also welcome to apply, but will be asked to complete a written assignment. International students will need to be highly proficient in English for academic purposes.
Months of entry
This programme supports students who wish to become professional documentary filmmakers and/or research academics. The MA in Documentary Practice provides the ideal creative production environment within a research-based postgraduate Film Studies department. This combination of production professionalism and academic excellence is key to promoting intellectual, current, and socially engaged documentary makers.
- The Department of Film Studies at Queen Mary is an exciting and vibrant department.
- You will have the chance to take challenging courses in aspects of film history and theory
- You will have the opportunity to learn practical production skills, and to put these skills into practice making documentary production
- Our London location adds a large amount of value to the programme as we have links with the London Film Festival, BFI, local film festivals, East London Film Festival
- Access to specialist film production equipment and the experienced practitioner staff, able to advise and support.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Programme Administrator
- 020 7882 8332