Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2:2 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant medical or health professional degree.
Months of entry
Find better ways to motivate and engage learners in clinical education with this Clinical Education PGCert programme. Discover how to create clinical education programmes that achieve maximum results, improve teaching practice and develop the expertise needed to lead clinical education programmes in your workplace.
- Study part-time alongside professional commitments
- Apply what you've learned directly to professional work
- Conduct research and practical work in our outstanding research facilities
- Develop industry contacts and enjoy networking opportunities and support from Academic Advisors and the student office
- Three compulsory modules.
Please note that the modules listed below are for students starting the programme in September 2020.
- Teaching and Learning for Clinical Contexts
- Innovative Practices and Theories in Clinical Education
- Clinical Curricula Evaluation and Development
- End Point Assessment
- In the taught modules, assessments will include exams, written essays, group projects, research proposals and presentations
- Assignments for each module will engage you in researching and developing clinical education within your own workplace setting
Learning and teaching
Teaching will occur mainly through small group workshops. The workshops are designed to generate informed discussion around set topics, and may involve student presentations, group exercises and role-play as well as open discussion.
You will be taught by academic staff who are engaged in scholarship at the leading edge of clinical education. The course team are all active clinical educators themselves, and thus are intensely interested in studying the intricate and sometimes problematic relationship between theory and practice in education.
The direction of individual study will be guided by the formal study sessions attended - along with the overview offered by the reading lists and also the assignments and tutorials. You will take an active role in your own learning, by reading widely, reflecting on and developing, and expanding, your knowledge, understanding and critical abilities.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time9 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Institute of Health Science Education
- +44 (0)20 7882 8478