UCAT- Third decile or above.
Degree- You may apply in the final year of your degree. You must be predicted or have achieved at least an upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) in any subject. Degrees are divided into the following categories:
- Bioscience degrees which contain sufficient biology and chemistry. No further A-levels or AS-levels are required.
- Science degrees with no biology or chemistry. Candidates must have minimum grade C in A-level or AS-level biology and/or chemistry (depending on what is missing from your degree).
- Non-science degrees. Candidates must have minimum grade B in A-level or AS-level chemistry or biology, plus another science subject, also at grade B. Accepted science subjects are biology, chemistry, physics, maths and psychology.
Months of entry
Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry is one of the oldest medical schools in the UK. We draw on our long experience to provide the best in modern medical training, with high-tech teaching facilities, and aim to prepare you for life as a qualified doctor.
Our strong core curriculum will equip you with clinical, communication, observation, teamwork and management skills. The curriculum is underpinned by research, linking your learning to the work of the faculty, from the laboratory bench to new drugs to public health interventions.
With less emphasis on traditional lectures, problem-based learning in small groups encourages you to take an independent approach to clinical scenarios. You’ll start seeing patients from your very first term, and progress to hospital and community placements.
You can follow your own interests by choosing student-selected components, from basic sciences to clinical specialities, community and public health, medical ethics and law.
Fees and funding
For more information on funding visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions for School of Medicine and Dentistry
- +44 (0)20 7882 8478