Both UK and overseas doctors and nurses with a medical or nursing degree are eligible to apply, as are allied health professionals. You must have postgraduate experience of critical care medicine to enrol on the course and our admissions will be carefully assessed to ensure that they are able to meet the high academic standards required to successfully complete the course.
Months of entry
If you are a clinician, a senior nurse or an allied health professional working in critical care, this programme is designed to give you a thorough grounding in critical care medicine, together with the tools to maintain your knowledge over a course of advanced, specialist instruction. We aim to ensure that you acquire the theoretical understanding and skills to advance and promote knowledge in this specialty and develop your leadership skills.
This programme will:
- Provide advanced theoretical and practical teaching that covers a broad range of key topics related to the management of the critically ill or injured patient
- Develop the skills, knowledge and confidence so that you can lead the provision of the highest standards of critical care
- Develop and demonstrate your competence in a critical appraisal of research and your skills in conducting robust clinical audit.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- William Harvey Research Institute