Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Applicants normally hold a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree or its equivalent in Engineering or a relevant discipline such as Geology, Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics.
- Applicants with a lower degree classification and/or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
Months of entry
January, May, September
At Robert Gordon University, the MSc Oil and Gas Engineering course produces fit-for-purpose engineers who can make an effective contribution from an early stage. Developed in close collaboration with industry, the course will enable you to develop a critical approach to oil and gas engineering and gain strong project management and teamwork skills.
The course is aimed at students who wish to work in the oil and gas industry and specialise in offshore operations. It will prepare you for a range of professional careers through suitable flexible study options. It has been developed in close collaboration with industry which ensures the specialist subject areas relevant to the oil and gas life-cycle covered are up-to-date, and provide the essential knowledge and skills required for an engineering career within the upstream oil and gas industry.
Information for international students
Applicants whose first language is not English should have an IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no component lower than 5.5, or an equivalent. We accept a variety of in-country and secure English language tests, find out more:https://www.rgu.ac.uk/study/international-students/english-language-requirements
Fees and funding
Find out more at - www.rgu.ac.uk/finance
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time22-45 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Admissions Service
- +44 (0)1224 262728