- The programme seeks to recruit students who are talented, enthusiastic, energetic, professionally minded, with an open and critical approach to design and making.
- Equivalent professional experience or apprenticeships are also taken into account. Applications may be considered from candidates without formal training and/or qualifications in other subjects, but you must clearly demonstrate an understanding of our subject area and your potential to bring expertise, perceptions, knowledge etc. from another discipline that would contribute to the programme group dynamic.
- You must possess a good undergraduate degree (or non-UK equivalent qualification) in metalwork, jewellery or a related subject for example, textiles, sculpture, architecture and industrial design. Your application should be supported by good academic references and you should possess a range of practical skills.
Months of entry
The work that emerges from our programme reflects Jewellery & Metal’s philosophy of an expanded creative practice that nurtures individual artistic development and professional positioning.
We encourage an open-minded approach in the interpretation of the subject. Our belief in objects as embodiments of thinking demands from each student that they find their own angle on the subject and artistic/professional voice.
Traditional and contemporary materials and processes are deployed in the creation of works that address fundamental human needs and desires and that contribute to the expanded field of object culture.
Ultimately, we hope that the work of each student will in their own way make a small contribution to the way we live and express who we are – or who we want to be.
The programme offers:
- work with a dedicated and diverse academic and technical team
- explore the rich and diverse field of adornment and objects
- find your own angle on the subject
- learn to be resourceful
- think through materials and making
- work with both analogue and digital tools
Fees and funding
Learn more at the funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details