UK 2:2 (Honours) or equivalent in one of the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Ecology, Environmental Science, Engineering, Marine or Physical Science.
Applicants with relevant professional work experience and other qualifications should contact the Course Director prior to making an application.
Applicants are required to submit a CV as part of their application.
Applicants meeting the entry requirements are informally interviewed using a standard set of questions, preferably in person, but more often for international applicants, by telephone.
English language requirements:
IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all other subscores.
Months of entry
Humankind’s ceaseless pursuit of progress has brought countless advances in our quality of life, but has often had an adverse effect on the world around us. Our environment is vulnerable to threats including contamination, pollution and waste, and as such it’s the work of professionals in the environmental sector to preserve and restore our important natural resources for the benefit of future generations.
Study Environmental Diagnosis and Management at Royal Holloway, University of London and you’ll develop the skills and knowledge you need to address some of our most important environmental issues. This thorough Masters programme has been developed with expert industry advice to help graduates progress into rewarding careers in the environmental sector or go on to further postgraduate study. You’ll benefit from first-class research-led teaching, and get the chance to network with environmental consultancies and engineers, local and industry regulatory authorities and leading research institutes.
You’ll study in a department consistently ranked among the UK’s top 10 (The Complete University Guide and The Guardian 2016), and contribute to our renowned research culture through your own Independent Research Project. Follow your passion for the environment at Royal Holloway and graduate with a Masters degree geared towards securing you a rewarding career in the environmental sector.
• Benefit from a pioneering research culture, with 94% of Department of Earth Sciences research ranked world-leading or internationally excellent – no.2 in the UK. (REF 2014)
• Graduate with a Masters degree from a department consistently ranked among the UK’s top 10 (The Complete University Guide and The Guardian 2016).
• Follow a programme developed with expert industry advice to maximise your prospects for employability and postgraduate study.
• Environmental Diagnosis and Management students have been awarded numerous EMpower research projects, funded by companies within the nuclear industry.
• Work towards the Arup Prize for Best Performance Overall, awarded to the programme’s best student.
Information for international students
Minimum IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 570.
Fees and funding
College and fees-only scholarships.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Lynne White - Postgraduate Programmes Co-ordinator
- +44 (0)1784 443581