Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
UK 2:1 (Honours) or equivalent in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or other Mathematics-based disciplines..
Applicants with a degree in Management will need to have studied sufficient maths modules as part of their degree.
Applicants with a good 2.2 (Honours) degree or equivalent will be considered on an individual basis.
Relevant professional qualifications and relevant experience in an associated area may be considered.
Students with a good undergraduate degree in a subject not listed above should apply for our MSc Finance Two Year programme.
Months of entry
Studying a Finance Masters Degree at Royal Holloway means that you will learn from internationally renowned experts at one of the UK’s top ten teaching and research centres. This programme will provide you with intensive training in the analysis of issues in finance and corporate policy while improving your analytical and technical expertise. On graduation you will be in a strong position to start a career in the financial services, business and banking sectors; we have an impressive employment record, 90% of economics students have jobs in six months.
This is a challenging degree and to ensure all students are ready we hold a two week pre-sessional course. Through your studies you will gain a strong grounding in core areas of finance and have the flexibility to specialise, in areas such as: fixed income securities and derivatives, investment and portfolio management and decision theory and behaviour. On graduation you will be skilled in financial analysis techniques; understand mathematical statistics and theories that are applied in financial econometrics and have the tools to analyse how the financial markets function.
Our balanced approach to research and teaching guarantees high quality teaching from subject leaders, cutting edge materials and intellectually challenging debates. You will be taught by people who have worked and are still working in the finance industry in the broad areas of asset allocation and risk, as well as algorithmic trading.
• Excellent career prospects; economics has an impressive employment record and graduates’ starting salaries are amongst the highest in the country.
• Small groups with individual support; being part of a small group means you’ll feel part of a team and have close contact with the academic staff, you’ll also receive the individual support from the course director.
• Quality research and teaching; one of only economics departments in the country placed in the top ten for both research and student satisfaction (Research Assessment Exercise, 2014 and National Student Survey 2015).
• One of the few Departments in the UK to have an in-house economics experiments laboratory, used by staff and students.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Karen Windle
- +44 (0)1784 443381