Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2:2 degree. Relevant professional qualifications and relevant experience in an associated area will be considered.
Months of entry
This course is designed for individuals who wish to pursue a career as an entrepreneur, whether that be starting a new organisation or developing entrepreneurial and innovative projects within existing organisations. You will be equipped with specialist and in-depth understanding of entrepreneurship and innovation together with practical skills, enhancing your employability.
The course draws upon the highest level of theory and practice in this field and builds on the extensive research and teaching expertise of academics within the School of Management. The content of this course is continually updated to reflect contemporary issues and areas of interest, such as family business management, entrepreneurship and consultancy, and social entrepreneurship.
By choosing to spend a year in business you will also be able to integrate theory and practice and gain real business experience. We provide a learning environment where students can use their experience of organisations to engage with and challenge both the theoretical and case materials and work together on new intellectual and management problems.
On graduating you will have a critical understanding of entrepreneurship and innovation research, an appreciation of the impact of entrepreneurship and innovation and the processes and practices at every level. You will look at venture creation, innovation, consultancy, financial planning, entrepreneurial marketing, social entrepreneurship and family business management.
Our course is enriched with the knowledge and expertise shared by our visiting speakers which include entrepreneurs running successful and in many cases, highly innovative business.
As a student of the School of Management you will join an intellectually stimulating, friendly and supportive research environment and, through working closely with our expert and experienced academic staff, you will be in a position to realise your potential.
- Excellent position to be a successful business owner or manager by gaining a deep understanding of entrepreneurship and innovation, coupled with a practical set of skills gained in your year in business and the beginning of an effective business network.
- Flexibility to tailor your studies to suit your specific areas of interest, such as marketing communications, e-business and accounting.
- Latest thinking and exciting intellectual challenges provided by academics who are at the frontiers of their subjects.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Programme Coordinator
- +44 (0)1784 276134