Entry to the postgraduate music programmes is by audition. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of performance ability appropriate for professional training.
Minimum entry requirements usually include an undergraduate degree in music (2:1 or higher for Masters applicants) or an equivalent qualification. Candidates who have been studying or working in another field will be considered.
Months of entry
Brass Band Conducting is offered as an MMus or Postgraduate Diploma programme.
- Conducting technique class involving the study and practice of technique away from the band
- Observation and participation in RWCMD Brass Band rehearsals
- Rehearsal analysis tutorials
- Observation of conductors within a professional context
- Opportunities to direct RWCMD ensembles, rehearsals and productions
- Opportunities to conduct self-promoted student performances
- Performance classes, usually in the company of students from a range of disciplines
- Full programme of brass band performances.
Fees and funding
Learn more at the postgraduate funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)29 2039 1361