To apply for this course you must have QTS, QTLS or EYTS and and have completed a period of induction. You must be a qualified teacher who is:
• designated as the SENCO
• an aspiring SENCO
• an inclusion manager
• in a position to undertake the duties of a SENCO
Months of entry
Develop your understanding of Special Educational Needs Coordination, gaining a mandatory qualification for all SENCOs appointed since 2008.
- Create professional and personal development opportunities for Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCOs).
- Empower SENCOs to develop, influence and lead practice and policy in their current and/or future contexts.
- Establish an authoritative voice within your school or setting founded on a broad and deep knowledge base.
- Enable SENCOs to challenge their own and others' values and assumptions through a critical evaluation of legislation, theory, policy and practice.
This course has been developed for those currently working as, or aspiring to be, special educational needs coordinators (SENCOs) and is mandatory for all SENCOs appointed since 2008. It has been accredited by NASENCO and has been devised in order to address the professional learning outcomes required for the National Award.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details