Normally you need:
- a 2.2 degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline or significant relevant experience
- appropriate study plans, including an indication of possible project topics and clear, appropriate and realistic learning aims
- a high level of creative ability, as evidenced by a portfolio of work
- ability to discuss design issues critically and confidently
Overseas applicants from countries whose first language is not English must normally produce evidence of competence in English. An IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills (or equivalent) is the standard for non-native speakers of English. If your English language skill is currently below an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English level.
Months of entry
Study illustration at an advanced level and develop your talent for designing solutions that respond to the needs of our rapidly changing society. You're challenged to think differently about design and creatively push boundaries, while developing the skills needed to become an imaginative and versatile designer. Your projects are supported by lecturers who are design specialists, researchers and practitioners.
- Work on live research and practice-based projects in conjunction with organisations, businesses and user communities.
- Give your design understanding the edge by applying the findings of specialist research conducted by our staff.
- Develop professional skills that help you to identify, instigate, develop and conclude projects with external partners.
- Take advantage of industrial sponsorship schemes, when available.
Information for international students
Please visit our website for information.
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit our website to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Arts, Computing, Engineering and Sciences
- +44 (0)114 225 5555