Normally you need:
- a 2.2 degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline or significant relevant experience
- appropriate study plans, including an indication of possible project topics and clear, appropriate and realistic learning aims
- a high level of creative ability, as evidenced by a portfolio of work
- ability to discuss design issues critically and confidently
Overseas applicants from countries whose first language is not English must normally produce evidence of competence in English. An IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills (or equivalent) is the standard for non-native speakers of English. If your English language skill is currently below an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English level.
If you do not have such academic qualifications we may consider your application individually, based on your personal, professional and work experience, and other formal qualifications. You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam. Find out more
Months of entry
- Develop your specialist skills and knowledge in a collaborative studio environment.
- Innovate with materials, technology and conceptual thinking.
- Extend existing material practices in response to the needs of our rapidly changing world.
Place emphasis on personal research, giving you the chance to develop your own interests and ideas in a challenging and supportive environment. Academic staff are design specialists, researchers and practitioners who will support you to expand your practice. This is an interdisciplinary Design Programme which promotes an ethos of social and cultural innovation.
Information for international students
Please visit our website for information.
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit our website to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Arts, Computing, Engineering and Sciences
- +44 (0)114 225 5555