Normally you need • a 2.2 degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline or significant relevant experience • appropriate study plans, including an indication of possible project topics and clear, appropriate and realistic learning aims • a high level of creative ability, as evidenced by a portfolio of work • ability to discuss design issues critically and confidently If English is not your first language you typically need an IELTS 6.0 score with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in all other skills or equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Months of entry
Study jewellery and metalwork at an advanced level and develop your talents for designing and making. You're challenged to think differently about design and creatively push boundaries, while developing the skills needed to become an imaginative and versatile designer. Your studies are project led and develop through researching, designing, producing and exhibiting your work.
• Work on live research and practice-based projects in conjunction with organisations, businesses and user communities.
• Give your design understanding the edge by applying the findings of specialist research conducted by our staff.
• Develop professional skills that help you to identify, instigate, develop and conclude projects with external partners.
• Take advantage of industrial sponsorship schemes, when available.
Information for international students
Please visit our website at http://www.shu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit http://www.shu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-bursaries to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Arts, Computing, Engineering and Sciences
- +44 (0)114 225 5555