A lower second class degree or above in a relevant subject ensures consideration for entry on to the course. Individuals without a suitable degree will be considered where they can demonstrate they meet the applicant entry profile and have worked for two years at a management level using GIS in the workplace, or, have a sufficiently high level of technical ability and responsibility within their role to meet the satisfaction of the admissions tutor. If English is not your first language you typically need an IELTS 6.0 score with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Months of entry
Develop your knowledge of geographical information systems (GIS) to become a well-trained professional in the area. Depending on whether you already use GIS in your current workplace or not, you can choose either a work-based or consultancy module to give you a practical, hands-on basis for your studies.
• Study on one of the only specialist courses on GIS preparing you for roles in this growing area.
• Study one of three different levels of qualification depending on the level of knowledge required to progress in your career.
• Learn how to use GIS in real life scenarios through either a work-based or consultancy module.
• Study as a certificated course or choose individual modules as short courses.
Information for international students
Please visit our website at http://www.shu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit http://www.shu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-bursaries to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Development and Society
- 0114 225 5555
- 0114 225 2094