You must normally have and include evidence of in your application
• a GCSE pass at grade C or above in English and mathematics or equivalent*
• some experience of research or knowledge of research methods
• previous experience in a managerial, supervisory or leadership capacity or be able to demonstrate comparable personal qualities
Plus at least one of the following
• an honours degree with a 2:1 or above in a related subject for example psychology, sociology, biology, health sciences and humanities
• a professional qualification at degree level such as teaching, nursing, social work or an allied health profession
You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam. Find out more
*GCSE maths and English equivalent
• equivalency test from www.equivalencytesting.co.uk
You must demonstrate an understanding of occupational therapy, have good communication skills, leadership qualities and an interest in working with people regardless of age, ethnicity or disability. Skills in using technology are also important.
You must include two references normally one academic and one from another source which is not family.
If you have a health or social care professional qualification at diploma level we expect you to demonstrate recent continuing professional development, and provide some evidence of academic activity to show your ability to work at masters level. You may need to submit a short essay so that we can assess academic potential.
Months of entry
Gain the skills and knowledge required to apply for registration as an occupational therapist anywhere in the UK. Suitable for home and international students, this innovative course features an integrated placement so that you learn both in the practice setting and at university
Information for international students
Please visit our website at https://www.shu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
There is support available to help you afford tuition fees and living costs whilst your study at Hallam. Find out at https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/fees-and-funding.
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit https://www.shu.ac.uk/international/fees-scholarships-and-discounts to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Advice and Information Team
- 0114 225 5555