Please visit our website for further information on entry requirements.
Months of entry
The list of the staff of the Department provides information on the main areas of teaching and research, and supervision for research students can be provided across this wide range.
Some Recent Research Theses
- Siba Aldabbagh Word and Image in Visual Art and Poetry from the Arab World
- Charis Bredin Creaturely Encounters: Animals in the Libyan literary imaginary
- Izabella Czyzewska How to Pray to Hittite Gods: A Semantic andContextual Analysis of Hittite Prayer Terminology with the New Editions of Selected Prayers of Muršili II
- Maria De Cillis The Discourse of Compromise: Theoretical Constructs of Free Will and Predestination in the Works of Avicenna, Ghazālī and Ibn ʿArabī.
- Jacob Eriksson Swedish mediation of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict: a study of the utility of small-state mediation and Track II diplomacy.
- Benjamin Geer Priests of the Nation: Nationalism and Power in Modern Egyptian
Literature and Cinema.
- Alyn D. Hine Russian Literature in the Works of Mikhail Nu'ayma
- Christie Johnson Authorship in Kitab al-aghani: production, reception, subjectivit
- Walid Khazendar Place in the Making: A Study on Image-Making in Early Arabic Poetry.
- Maha Abdel Megeed Muwaylihi's Isa ibn Hisham: Between 18th-Century Revival and 19th-Century Neoclassical Renaissance
- Krikor Moskofian Literature and Survival: Literary Criticism and the Construction of Cultural Identity in Armenian Printed Press of Diaspora 1919-1928.
- Khadiga Musa A Critical Edition of a Twelve/Eighteenth Century Manuscript on Legal Maxims: ‘Umdat al-Nazir fi’l-Ashbāh wa’l-Naẓā`ir.
- Laetitia Nanquette The Eye Sees Not Itself: Images of France and Iran Through Their Literatures (1979-2009).
- Hany Rashwan Literariness and aesthetics in ancient Egyptian literature: towards an Arabic-based critical approach - Jinās as a case study.
- Luis Siddall The reign of Adad-narari III.
- Ludek Vacín Shulgi of Ur: Life, Deeds, Ideology and Legacy of a Mesopotamian Ruler as Reflected Primarily in Literary Texts.
- Lisa Wilhelmi The Akkadian of Boğazköy
Information for international students
Information, including English Language requirements, can be found on our website.
Fees and funding
Please visit our website for further information on funding your studies.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Office
- +44 (0)20 7898 4700