To be considered for the DeFiMS PhD programme in finance or management students must already have completed a good Masters degree in a relevant discipline and been awarded high grades. They must also submit an initial research proposal that demonstrates aptitude for academic research.
Months of entry
The DeFiMS PhD programme provides supervision in a number of fields within finance and management. We concentrate on topics in fields which are actively being researched by faculty members. Currently the five principal areas are: corporate governance, finance, law, and regulation (in developed and developing countries) and sustainable development and agribusiness.
- Corporate governance: finance, law, and regulation (in developed and developing countries);
- Corporate finance: determinants of firms' capital structure;
- Finance and economic growth;
- Financial regulation, central banking and bank supervision;
- Management in China; Management in Japan; and Management in the Middle East and North Africa;
- View Current and Past PhD Theses in Finance and Management Studies;
- View Discussion Papers by DeFiMS Staff.
Information for international students
Information, including English Language requirements, can be found on our website.
Fees and funding
Please visit our website for further information on funding your studies.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Office
- +44 (0)20 7898 4700