To be considered for the PhD programme in finance or management students must already have completed a good Masters degree in a relevant discipline and been awarded high grades. They must also submit an initial research proposal that demonstrates aptitude for academic research.
Months of entry
January, December, November, October, September, August, July, June, May, April, March, February
The School of Finance and Management PhD programme provides supervision in a number of fields within finance and management. We concentrate on topics in fields which are actively being researched by faculty members. Currently the five principal areas are: corporate governance, finance, law, public policy and management, and regulation (in developed and developing countries) and sustainable development and agribusiness.
- Corporate governance: finance, law, and regulation (in developed and developing countries)
- Corporate finance: determinants of firms' capital structure
- Finance and economic growth
- Financial regulation, central banking and bank supervision
- Public policy and management; public financial management
- Management in China; Management in Japan; and Management in the Middle East and North Africa
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)20 7898 4700