Honours degree at 2:2 or higher in maritime studies or shipping
- An ordinary degree or HND in a technical or business discipline, combined with appropriate professional experience.
- Equivalent qualifications may also be considered – contact the admissions office for further information.
- Part-time study is not available for overseas students requiring a student visa.
Months of entry
Over 90 per cent of the world’s goods are transported by sea, making shipping and shipping logistics a vital part of world trade. Solent University’s international shipping and logistics master’s degree will help you develop the key skills and knowledge required to tap into this exciting, global industry.
Shipping managers in the current marketplace need to understand all aspects of international supply chain management. As the shipping industry evolves towards an integrated, multimodal, door-to-door logistics approach, such knowledge becomes increasingly important.
Solent’s intellectually challenging international shipping and logistics master’s degree is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge sought after by employers within this dynamic industry. The module studied during the course aim to enable students to develop a detailed understanding of the operations and strategies of shipping as a single transport mode within the context of international multimodal logistics.
To complement their studies, past students have had the opportunity to visit key maritime organisations, such as the ports of Southampton, Antwerp and Rotterdam, the International Maritime Organization and the Baltic Exchange. Some of these visits were funded outside of the course fees.
Information for international students
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed minimum requirements for this course are:
- IELTS minimum 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
- TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each individual component
- Duolingo English Language Test - 110 overall with minimum of 90 in each component or equivalent.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 023 8201 5066