2:2 honours in a life science or other health-related subject.
You must meet both the entry and personal statement criteria to be considered for this course. If your degree was awarded more than 5 years ago, the academic team may require suitable candidates to complete an academic qualifying essay.
Months of entry
St George’s is the only university to share its campus with one of the largest NHS teaching hospitals, making it the ideal place to study the MSc Physician Associate Studies. With unrivalled access to clinical resources and working professionals, the course will fully equip you with all the skills and knowledge required to support doctors in the diagnosis and management of patients.
On the UK’s longest running Physician Associate studies programme you will learn how to take medical histories, perform physical examinations, request and analyse test results, diagnose illnesses and develop treatment and management plans. It is a challenging but incredibly rewarding experience. The course has an outstanding pass rate on the Physician Associate National Exam and fantastic graduate employment.
- Shared site with one of the largest NHS teaching hospitals
- ‘Best Postgraduate Teaching Team’ award in 2013
- Outstanding pass rate on the Physician Associate National Examination
- Longest running Physician Associate course in the UK
- Highly experienced Physician Associate as full time Course Director
- Regular timetable of esteemed visiting lectures from the USA
- Student to staff ratio approximately 9:1
- 12 Physician Associates and 4 Doctors within the teaching team
- Strong history of involvement on the board of the Faculty of Physician Associates at the Royal College of Physicians
- Opportunity to apply for sponsorship of your second year course fees
Information for international students
If your native language is not English, you will need to provide evidence of your English language ability.
English language tests are valid for only two years, as English language ability changes from year to year. If you've completed a test which is now considered out of date, you may be required to complete another, though applicants are only permitted a maximum of two test attempts within a one year period.
Fees and funding
Students may be eligible for:
- A Postgraduate Loan of up to £10,280. Find out more information about Postgraduate Loans at Fees and Funding
- A Career Development Loan, for more information visit gov.uk
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries