- Physicians should have completed their MBBS course (or equivalent) and gained a minimum of 2 years of postgraduate experience in clinical medicine, cardiology or exercise medicine as part of their training.
- Cardiac physiologists should have completed the equivalent of a UK BSc (Hons) in Cardiac Physiology and gained a minimum of 2 years of postgraduate practical experience in a cardiac physiology department.
- Cardiac physiotherapists should have completed the equivalent of a UK BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy and gained a minimum of 2 years of postgraduate practical experience in a cardiac rehabilitation.
- Sports scientists should have completed the equivalent of a UK BSc (Hons) in Sports Science or similar, and gained a minimum of 2 years of postgraduate practical experience.
Months of entry
Sports cardiology is a new but rapidly evolving subspecialty in cardiology. The Sports Cardiology Unit at St George’s NHS Foundation Trust is run by world-leading experts in this rapidly advancing area of medicine. This unique programme addresses the increasing demand for individuals with an in-depth knowledge of this discipline. The programme is delivered in collaboration with an internationally renowned consortium, giving you access to expertise limited to only a few centres around the world. The active involvement of key figures from sporting organisations facilitates innovative educational projects, enhancing your practical experience and cultivating your leadership skills.
The programme offers access to state of the art equipment, cutting-edge research and top-level athletes. You will have the opportunity to gain a comprehensive range of expertise in Sports Cardiology and cement your practical skills for the evaluation of athletes of different demographics and sporting disciplines, as well as healthy sedentary young individuals and patients with heart disease.
- Taught by world leading experts in Sports Cardiology
- St George's has world-class research, clinical and teaching expertise
- Campus is co-located with a leading teaching hospital
- Institutional expertise in multi-professional education
- St George’s scored 92% overall student satisfaction in Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2014
- St George’s clinical research ranked 4th for impact
- St George's is ranked among the top 200 universities in the world according to the recent Times Higher Education World University Rankings
Fees and funding
Students may be eligible for:
- A Postgraduate Loan of up to £10,280. Find out more information about Postgraduate Loans at Fees and Funding
- A Career Development Loan, for more information visit gov.uk
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)20 3897 2032