Please see the St Mary's website.
- English- Geography- History- Mathematics- Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)- Physical Education (PE)- Religious Education (RE)- Science
Months of entry
St Mary's University has a long tradition of teacher training since 1850 and about a third of our students are involved in some form of teacher education. The high quality of the St Mary's Secondary initial teacher training (ITT) provision has been graded as 'outstanding' by Ofsted and we work in close partnership with a wide range of schools in the London area.
In particular, we pride ourselves on the level of care to support trainee teachers at the start of their professional journey. Our tutors are experienced teachers, who have worked in a range of schools before specialising in ITT. They are actively involved in research to inform practice and they hold a number of important external roles which enhance the provision.
The Secondary PGCE course at St Mary's integrates core PGCE trainee teachers with School Direct (non-salaried) trainees to lead to the award of a Masters level qualification and recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
As a successful PGCE Secondary trainee teacher at St Mary's, you will:
- Teach your specialist subject with confidence, based on a research and evidence-informed approaches.
- Be part of an active St Mary's community, sharing good practice and innovative ideas.
- Have the opportunity to gain 60 credits at M level through course work assignments in addition to the recommendation for QTS.
- Receive ongoing support and development opportunities as a newly qualified teacher and beyond.
Information for international students
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Clive Woolger
- 020 8240 4154