- Recognised Bachelor degree in any discipline
- English language proficiency of TOEFL iBT 67-74 or IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
- Recommended minimum age of 21 years
Months of entry
January, April, July, October
MA in Entrepreneurship for the Global Hospitality and Tourism Industry
The Masters of Arts in Entrepreneurship for the Global Hospitality and Tourism Industry provides a contemporary curriculum preparing graduates for employment and work in today’s global environment, achieved in an accelerated 22-week academic programme.
Accredited by University of Derby, students will graduate ready to launch and maintain a sustainable and profitable business within a challenging global environment. Students will graduate with a:
- Master of Arts in Entrepreneurship for the Global Hospitality and Tourism Industry awarded by University of Derby, UK
- Master of International Business in Entrepreneurship for the Global Hospitality and Tourism Industry awarded by César Ritz Colleges Switzerland (recognised by Canton of Valais)
Successful graduates will have the opportunity to achieve in a wide range of stimulating and fulfilling careers. In the current economic climate, intense competition within the hospitality and tourism industry has led to the emergence of global companies who demand a high level of innovation and commitment to the job and who require high-calibre graduates to ‘make things happen’ – these postgraduate students will amply fulfil these criteria. Graduates can go on to set up their own businesses but are very likely to have to demonstrate intrapreneurial knowledge and skills within organizations where innovation and the necessity to work smarter are some of the key skills required in the global marketplace.
The MA in Entrepreneurship for the Global Hospitality and Tourism Industry gives a new perspective to the vital role and effective practice of entrepreneurship in one of the most dynamic, unpredictable and fast-changing industry sectors in the world. Entrepreneurship deals with studying the tools to take up a business idea/concept, source the resources to turn it into reality and make that idea into a viable product or service whereas the concept of corporate entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship refers to the development of new ideas and opportunities in established businesses leading to change. This focus is on developing new business models where the entrepreneur must manage innovation, which often involves risk-taking and a legal understanding, in accomplishing their new ideas/concepts.
Term 1 (11 weeks)
- Business Research Methods
- Hospitality Industry Operations & Trends
- Corporate Finance & Financial Decision Making
- Creativity and Innovation for Competitive Advantage
- Corporate Entrepreneurship for Hospitality and Tourism
- Language 1: French / German
Term 2 (11 weeks)
- Advanced Marketing Strategy in Hospitality and Tourism
- Risk, Crisis and Recovery in the Global Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Digital Marketing and e-Commerce in Hospitality
- Leading Success Through Human Capital
- Business Sustainability in Hospitality and Tourism
- Language 2: French / German
Intership (4-6 months)
Fees and funding
Up to CHF 8,000 scholarship available for enrollment in September, October and November 2020.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
Includes Mandatory 4-6 months paid internship in Switzerland or worldwide.
Course contact details
- Nickie Gordon