Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
No entry requirements. The course is ideal for those who want to launch or relaunch their copywriting career.
Months of entry
A copywriter is in a powerful position to influence what people do next. This course shows how to connect with potential customers, overcome any doubts they might have and win them over. Packed with practical tips, and backed up by tried-and-tested techniques, gain all the tools you need for a successful career in copywriting.
Learn how to:
- Write effective copy with greater confidence and take your copywriting career in a more creative direction
- Exploit the ‘War of the Worlds’ concept – arguably the most powerful weapon in a copywriter’s armoury
- Deliver simple solutions to common copywriting challenges
- Cover the requirements of the wider business world, in publishing and other sectors
Study from home, or any convenient location, in your own time, at your own pace, with the support of a personal tutor.
Fees and funding
The Book Trade Charity, BTBS, offers funding to people who have worked in publishing or bookselling but are currently unemployed.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- Publishing Qualifications Board (PQB)
- flexibleUp to 12 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
The PQB is responsible for the development, delivery and assessment of this self-study tutor-guided course. Detailed and carefully moderated performance evaluation and reporting ensures that trainees and employers can accurately assess levels of knowledge and skill. Qualifications are awarded at pass, merit or distinction.
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|There are five assignments, covering key critical areas of copywriting, that you will submit to your tutor for marking and commentary. Qualifications are awarded at pass, merit or distinction.||100|
Course contact details
- Natasha Hemburrow
- +44 (0)20 8874 2718