We normally look for a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent in a quantitative subject such as mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computing, management science or economics.
When assessing your academic record we take into account your grade average , position in class, references and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification. We particularly welcome applicants from institutions of high ranking and repute.
Months of entry
Learn how to overcome the major challenges facing industry, business and the public sector today, and influence the decision-making processes of the future.
- Gain a solid theoretical foundation and quantitative skills, alongside practical problem-solving techniques
- Apply your knowledge to real-life scenarios using case studies, individual and team consulting-based assignments, presentations and software tools
- Use SAS Enterprise as part of the `Data Analytics for Business Decision Making' unit. SAS sponsor a coursework prize for this project
- Choose from a broad range of options to meet your interests or career aspirations
- Prepare for a career in consultancy, finance, retail, manufacturing, government analytics units, defence, IT systems, outsourcing and telecoms.
Information for international students
For the latest information on demonstrating your English proficiency for those whose first language is not English, please see our language requirements.
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries. For these and general requirements see entry requirements for your country.
Fees and funding
Alliance MBS Scholarships are also available - contact the Admissions Office for details and visit the Alliance MBS website for further details: Scholarships
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
The programme trains those who wish to take up specialist positions in areas such as business analysis, business modelling and operational research, and grounding for those who may wish to pursue a research and/or academic career via a PhD in decision sciences.
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- +44 (0)161 306 1339