We require a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent in a quantitative subject such as mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computing, management science or economics.
When assessing your academic record we take into account your grade average , position in class, references and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification. We particularly welcome applicants from institutions of high ranking and repute.
Months of entry
Learn the fundamental theories, approaches and analytical toolkit of data analytics, decision sciences, applied operational research and statistics.
- Gain a solid theoretical foundation and quantitative skills, alongside practical problem-solving techniques.
- Apply your knowledge to real-life scenarios using case studies, individual and team consulting-based assignments, presentations and software tools.
- Use SAS Enterprise as part of the `Data Analytics for Business Decision Making' unit. SAS sponsor a coursework prize for this project.
- Choose from a broad range of options to meet your interests or career aspirations.
- Prepare for a career in consultancy, finance, retail, manufacturing, government analytics units, defence, IT systems, outsourcing and telecoms.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
The programme trains those who wish to take up specialist positions in areas such as business analysis, business modelling and operational research, and grounding for those who may wish to pursue a research and/or academic career via a PhD in decision sciences.
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- +44 (0)161 306 1339