Candidates must hold a Bachelors degree with Honours (to UK standard) of First or Upper Second (2:1) Class .
Please note: Due to variations in the grading structures of international institutions, higher results may be required than stated here.
Professional qualifications other than a Bachelors Degree and/or relevant and appropriate experience may be taken into account for entry to the programme.
Months of entry
The Master of Research in Management is a one year Master's degree which is designed to give students the opportunity to both develop their knowledge of specialist areas of business and management and develop the research skills essential for doctoral research. Many students who complete an MRes go on to apply to study a PhD.
The MRes programme is organised into 13 subject-specific pathways, the choice of which will depend on the Subject Academic Group of the supervisor, the nature of the research topic, and your prior experience. Available pathways are:
- Accounting and Finance
- Corporate Strategy
- Decision Sciences and Operational Research
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- International Business and Management
- Operations Management
- Organisational Psychology
- Public Sector Management
- Science, Technology and Innovation
Information for international students
English language - minimum overall score required is:
- IELTS: 7.0 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each component)
- TOEFL: 100 internet-based (with a minimum of 20 in each component - internet based) or 623 paper-based.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE): 66 (with a minimum of 51 in each component)
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Doctoral Programmes Office
- +44 (0)161 275 1200
- +44 (0)161 275 6596