We require a primary dental qualification from a recognised institution and at least two years' experience in general dental practice.
Months of entry
Our Restorative Dentistry course is aimed at dentists who want to develop skills in this area.
You will cover areas such as:
- Aesthetic considerations in restorative practice;
- Current techniques, materials and clinical advances in restorative techniques;
- Patient communication and advanced treatment planning of patients;
- Tooth replacement;
- Current clinical techniques for soft tissue management;
- Working as part of an interdisciplinary team to ensure comprehensive aesthetic restorative care to patients.
You will also gain practical experience of the following through the mandatory hands-on component of the course, which is completed during a residential in both years of the course:
- Advanced anterior/posterior restorations and aesthetics;
- Complex treatment planning;
- Bonding and cementation;
- Indirect restorations.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- +44 (0)161 275 5220