- An honours degree (minimum Upper Second (2:1)) or the overseas equivalent in a relevant subject; and
- A very good MSc/MPhil/MRes degree from a recognised institution; or
- Satisfactory work at postgraduate level (which must include some research training) undertaken for the equivalent of at least one year full-time.
In exceptional circumstances, we may consider an application from a student without both an undergraduate and post-graduate degree. For example, if they have a first/distinction and research experience.
Months of entry
Our PhD/MPhil Social Work programme enables you to undertake a research project that will improve understanding of Social Work.
This postgraduate research programme in social work gives you the opportunity to work with internationally renowned scholars engaged in innovative research that will make a difference in people's lives and in health and social care.
We particularly welcome students from all health and social care disciplines who have an interest in exploring related subject areas.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- +44 (0)161 275 5608