Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A bachelor degree with honours (minimum Upper Second (2:1) or international equivalent) and at least two years of documented, relevant work experience; or a H2B (70%) or equivalent at The University of Melbourne.
Months of entry
Create change through collaboration
Learn to lead with confidence and tackle contemporary development challenges, working in partnership to find sustainable solutions.
This fully-online master's, delivered jointly with the University of Melbourne, focuses on the practical skills, global connections and collaborative outlook needed to make a real difference in the development world.
If you want to reposition yourself as a leader in development, but don't want to take time out from your important work to study, this fully-online master's course will support you to learn on the job.
If you work in or alongside the global development sector – as a manager, planner, policy maker, consultant, educator, entrepreneur, researcher, or community advocate – transform your career with us and change the world for the better.
What You Will Learn
- Adopt a new approach to leadership, with sustainability and collaboration at its core.
- Learn to effectively navigate complex circumstances and challenges in contemporary development.
- Build skills for effective negotiation, diplomacy and cross-cultural communication.
- Champion positive, proactive and improved social transformation in a global context.
How It Will Benefit Your Career
- Build a professional network across the globe and be in prime position to hear about the latest international opportunities.
- Through our highly-interactive teaching platform, learn from the experiences of colleagues in diverse settings and gain a broader perspective.
- Use skills and knowledge acquired through the course in your job from day one to start advancing in your role and beyond.
- Practise applying your skills in real-life scenarios through our simulation platform, and be prepared for a range of situations.
Where & When You Will Study
This fully-online, part-time master's means you can study from anywhere in the world and fit it around your day-to-day life. You will be expected to learn while you continue to work, and to use examples from your work throughout your study.
You will complete four taught units in year one, followed by two taught units and a research project in year two. You'll learn through a mix of interactive teaching and have plenty of opportunities to work collaboratively with your peers.
Fees and funding
This course is a joint master's with The University of Melbourne and The University of Manchester. The full course fee for February 2022 intake is $28,164 AUD.
The University of Melbourne is managing the admissions process. You will be expected to pay for each taught subject/unit ($3,520) as the unit starts at the beginning of each study period. This will take place in March, May, July and October of each year you study with us.
We can provide you with a payment plan and dates at your request. Please contact us and we'll provide you with the answer to any of your payment or admissions queries.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Daisy James