A 2(i) (upper second class honours) first degree in Chemical Engineering or a closely related engineering discipline, or equivalent qualifications/experience. Applicants with a 2(ii) will be considered and are welcome to apply.
Months of entry
Modern chemical engineering is a vast subject extending far beyond its traditional roots in oil and gas processing. As well as dealing with chemical reactors, distillation and the numerous processes that take place in a chemical or petrochemical plant, there is an increasing need for chemical engineers able to design and develop formulated products and to have knowledge of biotechnology and environmental issues.
- If you already have a first degree in chemical engineering you can study the discipline in greater depth as well as learning about broader issues through the choice of elective subjects.
- If you are already working in industry or are planning to work in a particular area, then this course can be tailored to focus on issues related to those of direct concern to you.
Who will benefit from the course?
- Those who already have a background in chemical engineering but who wish to obtain a higher level qualification from a top-ranking British university.
- Those who wish to enhance their career prospects in a chemical industry.
What are the benefits to students?
- Our graduates get great jobs and chemical engineers are the highest paid professionals in the engineering field
- Courses are designed to meet the needs of employers and you develop many skills for a successful career - design, problem solving, numeracy, analysis, communication and teamwork
- The University of Manchester has an excellent international reputation and a qualification from us will significantly increase your chances of getting a job anywhere in the world
- Specialist subjects are all taught by experts in the field
- Entry requirements are flexible - relevant experience is considered alongside your formal qualifications
Information for international students
Some English language test results are only valid for two years. Your English language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science
- +44(0)161 306 4149