A 2(i) (upper second class honours) first degree in Chemical Engineering or a closely related engineering discipline, or equivalent qualifications/experience. Applicants with a 2(ii) will be considered and are welcome to apply.
Months of entry
Modern chemical engineering is a vast subject extending far beyond its traditional roots in oil and gas processing. As well as dealing with chemical reactors, distillation and the numerous processes that take place in a chemical or petrochemical plant, there is an increasing need for chemical engineers able to design and develop formulated products and to have knowledge of biotechnology and environmental issues.
- If you already have a first degree in chemical engineering you can study the discipline in greater depth as well as learning about broader issues through the choice of elective subjects.
- If you are already working in industry or are planning to work in a particular area, then this course can be tailored to focus on issues related to those of direct concern to you.
Who will benefit from the course?
- Those who already have a background in chemical engineering but who wish to obtain a higher level qualification from a top-ranking British university.
- Those who wish to enhance their career prospects in a chemical industry.
What are the benefits to students?
- Our graduates get great jobs and chemical engineers are the highest paid professionals in the engineering field.
- Courses are designed to meet the needs of employers and you develop many skills for a successful career - design, problem solving, numeracy, analysis, communication and teamwork.
- The University of Manchester has an excellent international reputation and a qualification from us will significantly increase your chances of getting a job anywhere in the world.
- Specialist subjects are all taught by experts in the field.
- Entry requirements are flexible - relevant experience is considered alongside your formal qualifications.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science
- +44(0)161 306 4149