We require a primary dental degree from a recognised institution. You should also have at least two years of recent general professional practice experience.
Months of entry
Our MSc Endodontics (Dental Specialties) course is designed for experienced dental practitioners who want to learn more about Endodontics, the branch of dentistry that deals with diseases of the tooth, dental pulp and surrounding tissues.
You will take units in research methods and biostatistics, as well as clinical units that explore related specialist areas such as:
- The interfaces between Endodontics and Orthodontics;
- Implants and periodontics;
- Treatment of the younger and older patients;
- Comprehensive patient care;
- The worn dentition;
- Microbial implications in Endodontics.
You will learn how to undertake advanced and complex treatment modalities requiring an extended treatment period.
The remainder of the course comprises a dissertation that will help you learn how to prepare and carry out a supervised research topic, as well as develop the skills needed to discuss and defend your research and results in an oral examination.
Information for international students
Students whose first language is not English require one of the following:
- IELTS test 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in the written component and no less than 5.5 in all components);
- TOEFL test: 90 (internet-based) (Minimum: Listening18; Writing 20; Reading 18 and Speaking 20);
- Pearson Test 59-65 (with no less than 51 in each component.
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements as noted above, at the time of application, will NOT be considered. Overseas candidates who hold a degree from a country officially recognised as majority English-speaking by the Home Office are not required to provide proof of English certification.
Fees and funding
Self-funding; Government/Embassy sponsorship; Employer.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- +44 (0)161 275 5220