A minimum upper second class honours degree, or the equivalent, in law.
Months of entry
The LLM International Financial Law offers you an opportunity to gain specialist knowledge in one of the most high-profile areas of legal practice today.
Global financial services law and regulations are the subject of ongoing legal debate. Our legal specialists have research expertise covering a range of topical global finance issues which they bring into the classroom.
This course will introduce you to the major regulatory and contractual issues in international financial and banking law. You will be encouraged to examine the financial practices of developed and developing countries, and how these relate to broader business law issues across the world.
Information for international students
Students whose first language is not English are required to hold one of the following English language qualifications:
- IELTS: minimum overall score of 7.0, with 7.0 in Writing and 6.5 in all other sub categories;
- TOEFL (Internet-Based Test): minimum overall score of 100, with 25 in Writing and 22 in all other sub categories;
- Cambridge Proficiency: minimum grade of C;
- Pearson English: minimum overall score of 66, with 66 in Writing and 59 in all other sub categories.
The School will also refer applicants who meet the necessary entry requirements to the University's pre-sessional English language courses . The entry requirements for these language courses are:
- 6 week course (PS6) - IELTS: minimum overall score of 6.5, with 6.5 in Writing and no less than 6.0 in all other sub categories;
- 10 week course (PS10) - IELTS: minimum overall score of 6.0, with no less than 6.0 in all other sub categories.
Booking deadlines apply.
Please note that The School of Law may refer applicants with 5.5, with 5.5 in Writing and no less than 5.0 in all other sub categories for the 20-week Pre-Sessional course (PS20) beginning April 2018 for September 2018 admissions.
If you have already met our academic requirements and English language requirements, a single visa may be issued covering both the pre-sessional course and the Master degree. If, however, you obtain a conditional offer and your academic results are pending you may still enrol in a pre-sessional course on a separate visa. If a separate visa is required, only UKVI-IELTS taken at UKVI approved IELTS centres globally will be accepted for entry on to a pre-sessional English course.
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries. For these and general requirements including English language see entry requirements from your country .
Fees and funding
- Scholarship for Thai LLM students 2018/19
- School of Law Scholarships for UK and EU applicants
- School of Law scholarships for International applicants
- Faculty of Humanities/School of Law - Manchester Alumni Scholarship Scheme
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Law
- +44 (0)161 306 1270