We require you to hold either a primary medical qualification or an Upper Second class degree or overseas equivalent in a subject relevant to medical education.
In some cases it may be appropriate to admit experienced educators who hold other relevant qualifications or who have substantial relevant professional experience. This is at the discretion of the Programme Director.
Months of entry
Our part-time Medical Education course is aimed at those who come into contact with students in their roles, and want to further develop their teaching skills through a course with a strong emphasis on professional practice.
Most clinicians and health professionals engage in some form of teaching, whether this is on wards, in clinics or through other teaching opportunities with undergraduate students and/or trainees. However, few have had the opportunity for professional development in teaching.
Our programme is suitable for those new to medical education and training, as well as those with considerable experience.
The course will enable you to:
- develop practical, generic skills in teaching and assessment, underpinned by an understanding of educational theory
- enhance your knowledge, skills and attitudes as medical teachers, in relation to teaching and assessment
- plan and deliver effective educational experiences
- develop sound academic skills applicable to the field of medical education, including literature review and research
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- +44 (0)161 275 5220