- Applicants will normally be required to hold an honours (2.1) degree in psychology or a cognate discipline.
- Post qualification and/or training/experience in supervision
- Demonstration of commitment to ongoing professional development (e.g., workshops, seminars)
- Practising and a full member of a recognised professional body (e.g.,the Psychological Society of Ireland, the Irish Council for Psychotherapy, the Irish Association for Counselling and
- Psychotherapy or professional equivalent.
- Have access to a supervisee base for professional clinical practice
- Hold professional indemnity insurance for supervision
- Formal application to include an updated CV, 2 references, evidence of EU status, as relevant, and an individual interview
Months of entry
The M.Sc./P.Grad. Diploma in Clinical Supervision part-time course is aimed at practitioners in the helping professions who normally hold an honours degree in psychology or a related field and relevant post-graduate experience. It is specifically aimed at practising psychologists, (counselling, clinical, educational, health, work and organizational, etc.) psychotherapists, counsellors and mental health professionals who wish to further their professional development, reflective practice capability and train as supervisors.
The course is normally scheduled to take place on Saturdays (maximum two per month) and occasional Friday afternoons (approx. six per year) to facilitate students who have work commitments. All students register on the M.Sc. course in the first instance. Students may choose to exit with a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Supervision on successful completion of Year 1 course requirements. The Postgraduate Diploma as an exit qualification is equivalent to 60 ECTS. Students who successfully complete all the required elements of the M.Sc. course will be awarded the M.Sc. in Clinical Supervision.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details