- A minimum 2.1 honours degree or international equivalent.
- Two academic referees;*
- Work experience (optional);
- An English competency exam (see below for accepted qualifications);
- A GMAT score may be requested in certain cases but is not required upon application.
If you have yet to complete your degree, submit your most recent transcripts. If your transcript is not in English, please also supply a certified translation.
*Applicants with work experience are welcome to apply with one academic and one professional referee.
Months of entry
The MSc in Human Resource Management is designed for students from all disciplines. The uniqueness of the programme is the great combination between research and practice. The structure of the programme is designed to build student's knowledge and understanding of human resource management and also provide students great opportunities to go beyond the classroom and empower them to learn Human Resource Management in real organizations via Human Resource Management in Practice module. Students are offered the opportunity to conduct either a research dissertation or a company based project which again build students' capability to apply theory into practice.
We are the only programme in Ireland and one of a few in the world to be fully approved by the three largest HR bodies in the world:
- Fully accredited by Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) at Level 7
- Fully approved by HR Certified Institute (HRCI) as a leading provider of MSc in HRM
- Fully aligned with Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)’s worldwide HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates
During the past few years, we have established strong partnerships with technology, professional service and manufacturing companies to empower our students to learn how HRM is operated in practice. They include: Microsoft Ireland, SAP Ireland, Oracle, Workday, Deloitte, KPMG, Grant Thornton, and Kerry Group.
- Start Date: September 2024
- Duration: 12 months
- Delivery: 12 taught modules. You will be assessed through a mixture of written exams and continuous assessment. A dissertation is required
- NFQ Level: 9
The programme includes interactive lessons, group projects and practice workshops within organisations. Students can also undertake a company project instead of the dissertation module.
Key features of this programme include:
- Great opportunities for you to apply theory into practice (e.g. company visits, and company-based project)
- Dedicated programme-based career service teams to help you to find your first HR job
- Research-led learning experience building your evidence-based management skill
Fees and funding
The annual fees for the 2024/25 academic year are:
EU Students €16,250
Non-EU Students €22,350
EU status is based on residency rather than nationality. In order to qualify for EU fees, you will need to have resided within the EU during 3 of the previous 5 years.
Trinity allows all students to pay fees over two instalments. However, those travelling from VISA-required countries should check with their local VISA office as you may be required to pay the full amount in order to travel.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Trinity Business School