- A minimum 2.1 honours degree or international equivalent.
- Two academic referees;*
- Work experience (optional);
- An English competency exam (see website for accepted qualifications);
- A GMAT score may be requested in certain cases but is not required upon application.
If you have yet to complete your degree, submit your most recent transcripts. If your transcript is not in English, please also supply a certified translation.
*Applicants with work experience are welcome to apply with one academic and one professional referee.
Months of entry
Designed for non-accounting graduates, this full-time eight-month conversion course fast-tracks students towards becoming a qualified accountants and focuses on the fundamentals of financial accounting, management accounting, corporate finance, audit, taxation and related areas. The programme provides significant exemptions from the examinations of professional accountancy bodies. It is fully accredited by ACCA, Chartered Accountants Ireland and CIMA.
This programme fast-tracks non-accounting graduates and gains significant exemptions from the examinations of professional accountancy bodies. Ranked 1st in Ireland and 1st in Western Europe for Accounting (Eduniversal 2022).
- Start Date: September 2023
- Duration: 8 months
- Delivery: 12 taught modules. You will be assessed through a mixture of written exams and continuous assessments. A dissertation is not required.
- NFQ Level: 9
- Ranked 1st in Ireland and 1st in Western Europe for Accounting (Eduniversal 2022)
After eight months of study, graduates may claim the following professional exemptions:
- ACCA: Various papers at the Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills levels;
- Chartered Accountants Ireland (ACA): Full CAP 1 exemption;
- CIMA: Papers BA1-BA4, E1, P1, F1, E2, P2 and F2;
- Irish Tax Institute: Group 2 exemptions;
- CPA Ireland: Foundation Level (Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Taxation), and Professional Level (Financial Reporting, Advanced Taxation, Corporate Law, Audit & Assurance and Managerial Finance).
Fees and funding
The annual fees for the 2023/24 academic year are:
EU Students €11,000
Non-EU Students €16,300
EU status is based on residency rather than nationality. In order to qualify for EU fees, you will need to have resided within the EU during 3 of the previous 5 years.
Trinity allows all students to pay fees over two instalments. However, those travelling from VISA-required countries should check with their local VISA office as you may be required to pay the full amount in order to travel.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time8 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Trinity Business School