A minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, or a recognised Master’s degree in an appropriate subject.
Months of entry
This programme offers a unique environment with one of the largest and strongest concentrations of high-quality developmental and stem cell biologists anywhere in the world.
This programme provides training at the interface between developmental and stem cell biology and can be taken in either three or four years. The four year version includes a first year with rotations in three laboratories; both include working in the lab and active, small group training in key skills including good writing, experimental design, reviewing papers and many modern techniques.
- Biological clocks in development, differentiation, disease and regeneration
- Cell fate determination and pattern formation
- Cell migration
- Cell signalling and signal transduction mechanisms
- Early development (e.g. fertilisation, gastrulation, embryonic induction)
- Evolution and development
- Induction, tissue interactions
- Left-right asymmetry
- Live imaging
- Morphogenesis, tissue patterning
- Neural development and neural cell biology
- Regeneration and repair
- Stem cell biology
- Tissue engineering
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36-48 months
Course contact details
- Mrs Debbie Bartram
- +44 (0)20 3549 5462