To be eligible to apply for a postgraduate degree course, you must;
- provide evidence of competence in written and spoken English (GCSE grades A-C or equivalent); and
- hold an Honours or degree from a UK or Republic of Ireland or from the Council for National Academic Awards, the National Council for Educational Awards, the Higher Education and Training Awards Council, or from another institution which has been recognised by the Senate for this purpose; or
- hold an equivalent standard in a Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate or Postgraduate Certificate or an approved alternative qualification; and
- satisfy additional requirements as described in the prospectus entry for your chosen course; or
- provide evidence of your ability to study at postgraduate level through the accreditation of your experience or learning.
Months of entry
The postgraduate programme in Library and Information Management has been developed by the School of Education in close collaboration with library practitioners to provide an academic route to professional qualification. The Postgraduate Diploma and MSc are accredited by the Chartered Institute for Library and Information Professionals (CILIP).
The course draws on the direct experience of leaders in the library and information world to provide up-to-date and relevant insight into the key issues facing information services as they relate to the wider learning community, the strategic goals of the parent institution and the promotion of lifelong learning in a knowledge-based society. The course also benefits from the active involvement of the University Library in the provision of learning resources and direct support to students. It provides an academic foundation for professional practice.
The course is designed for library and information professionals in the public and private sectors, in schools, colleges or universities and in specialist libraries or information units.
Information for international students
English language requirements for international applicants
The minimum requirement for this course is Academic IELTS 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5. Trinity ISE: Pass at level III also meets this requirement for Tier 4 visa purposes.
Ulster recognises a number of other English language tests and comparable IELTS equivalent scores.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Mrs Joyce Spence
- +44 (0) 28 7012 4140